Friday, October 24, 2008

Basketball Season again

I love all sports (well most anyway). And as happy as I am about being able to watch football, I am really excited that basketball is starting again. Why do I like basketball more than any other sport? Let me list some of the reasons.

- I know more about it than any other sport (not that I don't know a lot about other sports)
- I believe that there are more spectacular and amazing feats of athleticism than any other sport. I could have a top ten on espn everyday of all dunks and crazy plays.
- It requires a greater balance of strength, agility, control, speed, and mental acuity from everyone on the court.
- There is typically more scoring than other sports Which leads to more exciting games and more exciting finishes.
- You can be down big and still have a chance of coming back in the fourth quarter.
- The arenas are smaller and the fans are practically right on the court leading to a greater influence on the players and the game.
- March Madness is the best sporting event in the entire world!

There probably more reasons I could think of and list, but I will keep it brief for now. I also realize that most of these are my opinion and could be used as arguments for other sports as well. But what I really want is a discussion/list of what sport you think is best and why.

No comments: