Thursday, November 6, 2008

Best Football Conference

This has been a very interesting year in college football. We have had some really huge games and very fun games to watch too. This year has seen some flip-flopping of some of the leagues. Last year I would say that the SEC and Pac-10 were the best conferences last year. We had so much parity last year with the #2 team in the country losing in multiple consecutive weeks. But I think this year is even more compelling. So I decided it might be fun to debate the best conferences in the nation this year. With out further ado, here are my top 5 conferences this year...

1. Big XII
I don't know how you can't pick them. I have been down on this conference for the last few years, but this year they are so good. Oklahoma, Ok St., Texas, Texas Tech, and Missouri are all in the top 15. That's 1/3 of the top 15 teams. I'm impressed. And they have had some of the most amazing games.

2. SEC
This conference is so good every year. They just beat up on each other. But they still have 4 teams in the top 16. What else can I say.

3. MWC
This is a big surprise to me. The MWC is really strong this year. They have some bad teams like SDSU, but they have 3 teams in the top 15. I know it is hard to put them this high, but I really think they are that good.

4. Big 10
I always have a hard time ranking the Big 10 high because I feel like they are overrated. Whenever they come up against the other big conferences in big games they lose. Penn St. does look really good this year though. I don't know that they are better than many of the top Big XII or SEC teams.

5. ACC
I really can't believe I am putting this. The ACC doesn't really look that strong but they have 4 teams ranked between 16 and 25. I guess they end up here because the rest of the conferences just are not good. The Pac-10 has one really good team and a couple decent teams and a lot of bad teams. The Big East is just laughable. What other conferences could be here?

So what would you change? Let the battle begin.

1 comment:

Spencer T said...

Interesting. As painful as it is to say, i think you got the first two right. After that i would beg to differ on the order. I'll post my findings.